Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Owl Be Seeing You...

My friend asked if I would make her soon-to-be-mommy/daughter a diaper bag. The only stipulation was that it had to be owls. Owls. Owls. Owls....hmmmm. OK.  After a very thorough and exhaustive search on the Internet for owl material, I found a pattern that I thought would be cute as a baby motif. As with all modern textile lines, the design comes in different color segways, so for guidance, I once again turned to the excited grandma-to-be for color advice. She didn't care. As long as it had owls. For a girl. This narrowed it down a little for me. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Here is what I decided upon:



 Pretty bright, don't you agree? But what fun! That Grandma knew what she wanted...and she was right! The owls are adorable!



 Each side panel has a sweet elastic pocket, to carry a bottle, or some other handy-dandy doo-dad they make for babies and their mothers these days.




And the necessary changing pad...'cause you just can never tell when or where you're going to need a quick change...


Did I mention it's reversible? It's reversible...


And a quick peek at the inside of the bag...lots of pockets and a center divider.

In the old days, I would have fixed these pics up a little bit, in either Flickr or Picnik. They did away with Picnik and I'm just not on- board to the other photo-editing sites.

So you're getting RAW!

Did I mention that this bag was supposed to be finished in time for Grandma to take to Texas for the birth of her first grandchild? And that I missed that deadline, then the deadline of Grandpa leaving for Texas? And then the week following the birth of the baby? And a few days after that?

I didn't mention it?

OK, we'll keep it our little secret. I had many reasons for the delay, none of which really matter...

You know what "they" say....

Excuses, excuses, EXCUSES!

Nobody wants to hear them....

But the bag is enormous and bright and happy, and I threw in a few little extra coordinating goodies for the new mommy.

That is my story and I'm stickin' with it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...